Tuesday 1 August 2017

Bee-eaters!


So, I finally visited the Bee-eaters in East Leake!

When I first heard about the Bee-eaters that were spotted fairly close to where I live, I was filled with excitement and couldn't wait to see them. However due to being so busy (mostly with school) I couldn't go and see them. Luckily, I recently managed to fit in time with
my sister and mum, so we took a quick trip.

It was a really bright day, so when we saw 4 in the tree opposite us, I quickly set up my scope and peered through my binoculars to look at their amazing colours. I have seen Bee-eatrs before, but it was in another country, so it was great to see them on home-turf! As we watched them, we saw them living up to their name, flying out of the tree and back in again after a couple of seconds with a Bee in their beak, trying to remove the sting! It was wonderful to watch. And to top it all off, a Hobby flew past just before we left!

No comments:

Post a Comment